Donors and Volunteers are our lifeblood. Since our first clinic started in Grand Rapids in 2004, ILJ-MI has always been a grassroots organization.
Donors: Simply put, your support can change lives.
When our clients receive expert legal assistance, families are reunited, people escape abuse and violence and they can work to build secure futures.
Your gift will help us appropriately compensate the legal staff we have and try to hire another attorney and part-time legal assistant to help meet the growing demand for our legal services.
Immigration law is a complex specialty, and private practitioners are expensive. In Michigan, very few nonprofit organizations provide the kind of free, humanitarian, family-based immigration law services provided by ILJ-MI. In fact, we are the lone provider of free immigration legal services north of Grand Rapids.
Please give today to provide hope and support for a better life.
Volunteers: We often need help with tasks such as:
- Translation of materials
- Interpretation at client meetings
- Distribute client outreach cards at appropriate places in the community
- Participate in calls to action, such as legislative meetings, sign on letters and coffee hours
- Office/administrative support
- Handwrite thank you and other notes
- Thank you calls to donors
- Detention center visitations (Spanish fluency required)
- Photographer at clinics and events
- Write client stories
Please fill out our Volunteer Interest Form so we can learn what volunteer roles interest you. Thank you!